How to Adopt a Cat:
First, take your time..! When you adopt a new cat it becomes a member of your family, for years to come. Be sure the new cat is a good fit for your family and your home. Take your time browsing through our available cats and our courtesy listings. Check our Website or Facebook Page to see what new cats have become available. When you decide which cat interests you, please email us for information at:
Please come to our Adoption Center next to our Ventura Thrift Store at 1954 E. Main Street, Ventura, CA. It is open from 11:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. on Saturdays & Sundays.
We also hold adoptions at the Camarillo PetCo Saturdays from 11:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
We require a $125.00 adoption fee for kittens and $75.00 for adults which covers the cost of spaying or neutering (in accordance with State Law), all shots, Leukemia and FIV testing, a microchip I.D. (including registration with AKC Reunite), and a collar with I.D. tag.
All Cats Cradle Rescue cats are spayed or neutered and have received at least one vaccination before they are placed up for adoption. Kittens have had at least two vaccinations. Most of our cats live in foster homes as part of the family. You can speak with the cat's foster to get a sense of how the cat will fit in with your family.
Cats Cradle Rescue requires an adoption application and contract with each animal.
So you want to adopt a kitten?
We ask you to consider the following:
- Kittens do not stay kittens for very long.
- Older cats often adjust quickly and easily to new situations, walking in like "been there, done that".
- Older cats don't climb your curtains or run the Indy 500 in the middle of the night.
- Older cats are more affectionate - the older they get, often the more lap time they want.
- Older cats have developed a good immune system.
- Older cats have a stronger stomach tolerance and don't get the upsets as easily as kittens.
- Older cats don't require constant supervision - kittens do.
- Older cats are TRULY appreciative that YOU have deemed them worthy of love - kittens will love everyone.
Please think about adding an older adult cat to your household.